You have decided to take your business online, but have no idea on what you need to start selling. The best place to start is creating a checklist that will help you see what you have done from what you haven’t. In order to sell online, it is important to take these steps seriously or you may end up losing on some valuable time and money. Once you cross off everything on your checklist, you can start to sell online confidently.
- Pick a company name for your online store – This may be easy since an online store could have been your dream for the longest time, and now you want to turn that dream into a profitable reality. Just remember to make your company name creative and fun to relate with your different clients.
- Research on the products you will sell online – Research is very important to identify your target market and competition. You want to see how your target market will react to your product from how they are reacting to your competitors. From the research, you can also find a gap that your competitors have that you can fill through your products.
- Pricing of your online store products – To sell online means you have a wide range of competition from many parts of the world. You will need to set up prices that will attract clients to your site and making insane purchases. For this to happen, you will need to set the same, if not lower, product or service prices than your competition. The best way to do this is to provide sales offers, discounts, and giveaways.
- Picking a suitable hosting provider for your business online – There are many hosting services from free ones to those that require you to part with some money. Depending on your website needs, you will pick the one most suitable. A few things to consider include type of hosting, customization tools and features, storage, easy site-maneuverability, among others.
- Picking a suitable online store shopping cart – It goes without saying that your main desire to sell online is to make a living. Hence, you need to pick a shopping software cart that makes it easy for your clients to shop around your online store with great ease. There are many to pick from with some even costing nothing. Whatever you pick, I suggest you look into your business short and long term goals to determine which cart suits you best.
- Selecting payment getaways for your business online – You will need your paying clients to perform payment transactions when they are purchasing your products. Payment getaways perform the validation of the information on your client’s credit card, as well as process payments in real-time. They make it super convenient for clients to make online purchases in your store, as well as safe for them to do so.
— Appboy (@Appboy) 26 de mayo de 2017